对话原文:
I can't take a bike trip.
我没法骑自行车旅行
Oh, honey, 'cause your feet won't reach the pedals?
宝贝 是因为你的脚踩不到踏板吗
My feet's about to reach your face.
我的脚能踹到你的脸蛋
I never learned to ride a bike, okay?
我从来没学过骑自行车
Who cares?
那又怎么样
Nothing sadder than a grown man riding a bike.
一个成年男人还骑自行车也太惨了吧
Well, Roller blades, I guess.
溜旱冰更惨
That said, what grown man doesn't know how to ride a bike?
不过哪有成年人还不会骑自行车啊
I never learned.
我从来没学过
I got my first bicycle when I was six.
我六岁时得到了第一辆自行车
I traded it in for a canopy bed.
我用它换了一个带顶篷的床
I never got another one. Bike, that is.
然后我就再没拥有过了 我是说自行车
I'm on my ninth canopy bed.
这是我睡的第九张帘篷床
今日重点:
旅行:take a trip
脚踏板:pedal。注意和peddle区分开,peddle意思是“叫卖,兜售”
正打算,将要:be about to,表示即将发生的将来时
更难过的:sadder。原形是sad,注意要双写d
旱冰鞋,溜旱冰:roller blade。roller,滚轮;blade,刀片。或者可以说roller skating
顶篷:canopy
(来源:沪江英语)